Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rude! Rude! Rude!

Seriously, I need to write an etiquette book for musicians. I encountered all sorts of rudeness from the other bands at my show last night. Rudeness from an audience is to be expected (and heckling them is half the fun) but fellow musicians need to be a little more kind to each other. If I were a guy and had one too many beers, fists would have been flying.


So here's some rules for the clueless:





1. Do not come up to the stage in the middle of a set to charge your cell phone on the same power strip where the amp is plugged in. You just might knock out the power. Yeah, that happened to me.

2. Unless you're the sound engineer, do not mess with the mixing board and turn my mic volume all the way down. 

3. If you're sharing a bill, show support for the other bands by sitting through their set. Don't show up 5 minutes before you're supposed to go on and start setting up your equipment before the previous band has even finished.

I'll write more rules as I think of them.  Send me suggestions, why don't you? What bad behavior have you encountered on the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment