Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Band Without A Name

Music stand or ironing board? You decide.
Back in the 90s, I wanted to be a Riot Grrrl so badly. After ten years of being involved in three different all-grrl bands that flamed out in spectacular fashion, I'm taking the plunge and joining another all-female band. Noticed the way I spell "girl" grrrl. We're still trying to come up with a band name that oozes sex, danger and future perfume endorsements, although we'll probably wind up with a goofy name that only a metalhead would love.  I don't know what motivated me to join my first band in 7 years after running my own band for years. Maybe it's an attempt to  get away from the boredom and bouts of terror that has dogged me for the past 6 months? That's a blog for another day, How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Freelancing and Love the Ramen.

Working with women is interesting like an episode of Cops. I guess I've missed punctuating my cocktail party introductions with "Yeah, I'm in a band and FUCK THEM BITCHES, I'm going solo!"

Maybe my Josie and the Pussycats Ya-Ya sisterhood dreams are finally coming true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment